
Banksy - What are you looking at?
I have started to research a very specific theme and many artists it seems have already explored it. I am trying to find as many examples of surveillance/controlled environments as I can and putting them into a research file. In the mean time I've been to UCL's special collections library and have looked at all of Bentham's papers and found that the handwriting of the 19Th century is unreadable... I did find a few drawings which will be sent to me by e-mail at some point next week. In the mean time I have this interesting Millbank prison logo with Bentham's original plan:
UCL Special Collections LibraryI have also found out that the pub, Morpeth Arms, which is located on old prison grounds still contains some of the old prison cells that are said to be haunted. I have yet to go and see them for myself...


No comments:
Post a Comment